Event Announcements (More details on the Events Calendar)
- Mon, June 9 at 12:00 pm: The Atlantic Council is holding an event entitled National Security and Digital Prosperity After Snowden, featuring David Ignatius on his new book, The Director. Jeff Moss and Jason Healey, both of the Atlantic Council, will also speak on the panel.
- Tues, June 10 at 9:30 am: The Wilson Center will host the second event of its series on Iran nuclear talks. This discussion, Nuclear Flashpoints: U.S.-Iran Tensions Over Terms and Timetables will "explore key conflicts and possible trade-offs" between the U.S. and Iran.
- Tues, June 10 at 10:00 am: The Atlantic Council is holding another event entitled Emerging Technologies and the Future of Global Security, based on a new book that culls the views of many experts on "the implications that rapidly developing emerging and disruptive technologies are having for national and international security."
- Tues, June 10 at 1:30 pm: The Brookings Institution will hold a panel discussion called Moore's Law Goes to War: How Can the Department of Defense Keep Pace with Changes in IT? Panelists include Jacques Gansler, former undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology, and logistics; John Etherton, senior fellow at the National Defense Industrial Association; and Brookings Visiting Fellow in Cybersecurity, Ian Wallace.
- Wed, June 11 at 10:00 am: The House Armed Services Committee is holding a hearing on The May 31, 2014 Transfer of Five Senior Taliban Detainees. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and DoD General Counsel Stephen Preston will testify.
- Thurs, June 12 at 8:45 am: The American Enterprise Institute is holding a half-day conference called After Snowden: The Road Ahead for Cybersecurity. Speakers include Gen. Mike Hayden, Rep. Mike Rogers, and Gen. Keith Alexander.
- Thurs, June 12 at 10:00 am: The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is holding a hearing entitled Regional Implications of a Nuclear Deal with Iran.