We had great fun recording this one, thanks to special guest Greg Gisvold (consultant and senior fellow with the Rule of Law Collaborative at the University of South Carolina) is the winner of a recent charity raffle in which the prize (or penalty???) was … cohosting the show with us! That proved to be great news for us, for Greg’s work around the globe working in support of rule-of-law-building programs couldn’t be more interesting and important. Listen in to learn more, as we cover:
- The latest impeachment developments
- An update on Steve’s litigation (at the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces) on court martial jurisdiction and former servicemembers
- The delay of the Hambali (et al.) arraignment at GTMO
- Whither those high-value Islamic State detainees the US acquired from our Kurdish allies back in October 2019?
- And best of all, our interview with Greg Gisvold regarding rule of law capacity building around the globe
Stick around for a comically-overlong segment on the 1986 Mets, too. Seriously … we just kept talking about it, and having no editor, well, it’s a long show as a result!