The National Security Law Podcast
The National Security Law Podcast: Make Rule 11 Great Again!
In this week’s episode, co-hosts Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney discuss and debate:
- The array of firings and appointments of senior Defense Department officials
- The law governing the General Services Administration and support for presidential transitions
- Whether it is appropriate to place pressure on Jones Day (and their other clients) based on the involvement of Jones Day lawyers in election-challenge lawsuits
- United States v. Maiorana: charge against a Staten Island man, under 18 USC 875(c) (threats of violence), based on vile online postings about killing protestors and government officials (raising First Amendment issues relating to the difference between the “True Threat” and “Incitement” categories)
- TikTok update: tomorrow (the 12th) is the CFIUS divestment deadline ... what will happen next?
Since *someone* hasn’t watched the first Mandalorian season 2 episodes yet, we are left to chat about the new owner of the Mets and the chances of a Dodgers/Yankees-style spending spree….