Today at 10 am, the House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing entitled "Deciphering the Debate Over Encryption: Industry and Law Enforcement Perspectives."
The two-panel hearing will include testimony from:
- Dr. Matthew Blaze, Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science, School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Captain Charles Cohen, Commander, Office of Intelligence and Investigative Technologies, Indiana State Police
- Chief Thomas Galati, Chief, Intelligence Bureau, New York City Police Department
- Ms. Amy Hess, Executive Assistant Director for Science and Technology, Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Mr. Ron Hickman, Sheriff, Harris County Sheriff's Office, on behalf of National Sheriff's Association
- Mr. Bruce Sewell, General Counsel, Apple, Inc
- Mr. Daniel Weitzner, Principal Research Scientist, MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, Director, MIT Internet Policy Research Initiative
- Mr. Amit Yoran, President, RSA Security
Watch the full hearing live here.