Jihadology Podcast: Reality of The Islamic State's Finances and Economy
Aymenn al-Tamimi comes on the show for an in-depth discussion of the Islamic State’s finances and economic situation. Some of the topics covered include:
- IS funding prior to 2013
- How IS funding compares to AQ
- Current funding streams, particularly those that are less well known
- Evolution of IS’ economy in the past year and a half
- Potential for IS to export its economic model to its provinces outside Iraq and Syria
- Sustainability of IS finances and its near to medium-term trajectory
- The Archivist | JIHADOLOGY
- Musings of an Iraqi Brasenostril on Jihad | JIHADOLOGY
- Archive of Islamic State Administrative Documents :: Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi
- Jihad Intel
- The Isis papers: a masterplan for consolidating power | World news | The Guardian
- Aymenn J Al-Tamimi (@ajaltamimi) | Twitter
After the interview we have an updated #SocialMedia segment covering postings from December 8-14. Thanks to Raihan Kadir, Kaspars Gasuns, and Haakon Jahr for supporting the show. If you’d like to help support the podcast, and get some cool rewards, check out the show’s Patreon page.
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email email@example.com, or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (22 MB mp3)