Dalia Ghanem-Yazbeck comes on the show to talk about jihadism in Algeria. Some of the topics covered include:
- Background and history of jihadism in Algeria
- The growth of GIA networks in Europe and its legacy
- Why there haven’t been many Algerian foreign fighters in Syria
- Similarities and differences between the GIA and the Islamic State
- The current status of jihadism in Algeria and Algerian jihadists abroad
The interview starts at the 34:00 minute mark. Prior to the interview we have a Primary Sources segment covering postings from October 15 - November 23. After the interview we have an updated #Social Media segment covering postings from November 21-29.
- Dalia Ghanem-Yazbeck (@DaliaGhanemYazb) | Twitter
- Dalia Ghanem-Yazbeck-Carnegie Middle East Center - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Thanks to Raihan Kadir and Haakon Jahr for supporting the show. If you’d like to support the podcast, and get some cool rewards, check out the show’s Patreon page.
Download this episode (60MB mp3)