Jihadology Podcast: al-Qaeda's Franchising Strategy
Barak Mendelsohn comes on the show to discuss his new book, The al-Qaeda Franchise: The Expansion of al-Qaeda and Its Consequences. Some of the topics covered include:
- How organizations expand
- Why AQ decided to branch out and the strategy behind that decision
- AQ’s choices on where to expand
- Case studies on AQ’s different branches
- The al-Qaeda Franchise: The Expansion of al-Qaeda and Its Consequences: Barak Mendelsohn Amazon.com
- Barak Mendelsohn (@BarakMendelsohn) | Twitter
- Barak Mendelsohn | Haverford College
- Barak Mendelsohn | Foreign Policy Research Institute
Thanks to Haakon Jahr, TankThoughts, and Raihan Kadir for supporting the show! If you’d like to support the podcast please check out the show’s Patreon page!
The podcast is produced by Karl Morand. If you have feedback you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Twitter: @JihadPod.
You can subscribe to the show in iTunes, Stitcher, or with our RSS feed.
Download this episode (51MB mp3)