Earlier this month, the Federalist Society held a symposium on national security in Washington at the D.C. office of Jones Day.
Video from the sessions is now available.
Here is panel #1--on detention, interrogation and trial of terrorist suspects. Panelists include yours truly, as well as
- Prof. Nathan A. Sales, George Mason University School of Law
- Charles D. “Cully” Stimson, former Deputy Assistant U.S. Secretary of Defense (Detainee Affairs) and Senior Legal Fellow, Heritage Foundation
- Prof. Stephen I. Vladeck, American University Washington College of Law
- Moderator: Prof. Glenn M. Sulmasy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Matthew J. Eggers, Senior Director, National Security and Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Sharon Bradford Franklin, Senior Counsel, The Constitution Project
- Jamil N. Jaffer, Senior Counsel, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Michael Vatis, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP and former Director, FBI National Infrastructure Protection Center
- Moderator: Vincent J. Vitkowsky, Adjunct Fellow, Center for Law and Counterterrorism