- The SEC has issued its second token-related no-action letter to Pocketful of Quarters, Inc., giving more guidance and opening a number of issues.
- The SEC has brought a double-headed complaint against ICOBOX, an entity that both conducted an initial coin offering (ICO) and facilitated ICOs for others.
- The U.S. has brought the Financial Action Task Force along on its travel rule adventure.
- The SEC and FINRA have custody guidance.
- FinCEN has guidance on convertible virtual currencies.
- The SEC has brought a complaint against FantasyCoin for what amounts to sheer, brazen fraud.
- The SEC settlement in SimplyVital Health, with Steptoe as counsel, shows the SEC’s willingness to work with companies that voluntarily remediate errors.
As always, The Cyberlaw Podcast is open to feedback. Be sure to engage with @stewartbaker on Twitter. Send your questions, comments, and suggestions for topics or interviewees to [email protected]. Remember: If your suggested guest appears on the show, we will send you a highly coveted Cyberlaw Podcast mug!
The views expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not reflect the opinions of the firm.