Yes, Lawfare is two years old today. I could get very maudlin on this occasion, but I’ll refrain–and just thank our readers, who continue to shock me with their loyalty, engagement, and their constant flood of ideas, tips, corrections, arguments, and kind words.
So here, Harper’s Index style, are some facts and figures about Lawfare in its first two years.
- Number of posts: 2,727
- Number of posts that have taken comments: 0
- Number of visits: 1,096,722
- Number of unique visitors: 529,873
- Percentage of traffic from first-time visitors: 48
- Percentage of traffic from people who have visited the site more than 100 times (You know who you are): 13
- Most heavily trafficked post ever: this one.
- Number of page views it received: 61,499
- Organic search term not including variants of “Lawfare,” “Guantanamo,” or “NDAA” that has generated the most Lawfare traffic: “Larkin Reynolds”
- Three names that do not appear in the top ten such search terms: Benjamin Wittes, Jack Goldsmith, Robert Chesney.